3.29.2012

{state of mind}



I’m a complete sucker for any product that allows me to celebrate a geographic region. Whether it’s my home state, a city where I went to school or just a place that reminds me of a special trip, I’ll take any chance I get to showcase regional character. These custom state tables are designed and made by interior designer Julie Purpura in Chicago. Julie runs an LGBT-owned furniture company called 900 BLOK that created these “The 50 States” tables as their debut collection. I love the idea of pairing two of these at different heights like semi-nesting tables. It would be a great homage to your home state and the place you now call home (assuming those are different, of course). Click here to check out the collection online and place an order; custom pieces start at $200 and can be changed to include team logos and more if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment